These guilt-free and extra delicious protein balls contain only 4 main ingredients. They are extremely easy to make and are fully vegan and gluten free. –– The perfect snack to appease your sweet tooth!
Earlier this year I decided to do the “30-Days to Healthy Living and Beyond” challenge to reboot my health. The results I experienced were extremely positive, including: increased energy, reduced bloating, cleaner looking skin, weight loss, and overall vitality. The program allowed me to further my knowledge around food sensitivities, as well as identify foods that were not serving my body. Since then, I have been able to maintain healthy and balanced food habits, allowing me to be the healthiest I have been in years.
The program focuses on temporarily eliminating certain foods from your diet, and teaches you how to replace them with healthier alternatives. For me, the hardest part of the challenge was learning to eliminate sugars. Anyone who knows me well knows I have a HUGE sweet tooth, and I do love featuring vegan desserts on my Instagram regularly; but the challenge allowed me to get creative with my recipes and develop a healthier alternative that would relieve my sugar craving without getting off track… and so the protein ball recipe was created!
These were so simple and healthy that I decided to start bringing them to parties and gatherings to share with others. People liked the protein balls so much they started asking me for the recipe; so eventually I decided to perfect the recipe, take some pretty photos, and post on social media to make it accessible to everyone.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I did… and they are ALWAYS a crowd-pleaser.
– 1 Scoop of Vanilla or Chocolate Protein Powder (I use Arbonne Essentials Protein Shake Mix)
– 2 Tbsp of Peanut or Almond Butter
– 2 Tbsp of Almond or Cashew Milk
*You can also use 1 Tbsp of nut butter with 3 Tbsp of plant-based milk if preferred
– 1/4 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
– Chia Seeds or coconut shavings for Toppings (optional)
1. Place all ingredients (except the chia seeds) in a small bowl and mix thoroughly until you get a pasty consistency. (You can use a fork to “smash” the ingredients together as well)
2. Grab a spoon full of the paste, place in your hand and roll into bite-sized balls. Set aside
3. Once all your balls have been made, sprinkle some chia seeds or coconut shavings on top (optional)
TIP: I use the Arbonne Essentials Protein Shake Mix because it gives it the sweeter taste that I like. You may use other flavoured protein powders, but the results will vary.
TIP: Freeze the protein balls to preserve them longer. Once thawed, they keep the same consistency and taste just as good!
TIP: Combine chocolate and vanilla protein balls to make a swirl!
Let’s Connect on Social!
Facebook: M for Mariella: Living Your Best Life
1 thought on “4 Ingredient Protein Ball Recipe”