*Makes 6 regular muffins or 12 mini muffins*
Sweets are my biggest weakness, and anyone who knows me, knows I have a huge sweet tooth and am often eating and/or baking desserts at home…but mostly eating them.
Recently, I was experimenting with healthier dessert versions that were guilt-free, but could still satisfy my cravings. I happened to have a very ripe banana that was about to go bad, so I decided to put it to good use. This recipe was a total experiment, but I must say, it turned out pretty freaking good on the first try!
These DELICIOUS muffins are light, fluffy and moist; all while being protein dense and super satisfying.
So, here you have it, my not-so-secret experimental recipe for some bomb-ass protein muffins:
– 1 Large Ripe Banana
– 1 Flax Egg = 1 Tbsp of Ground Flaxseeds mixed with 3 Tbsp of Cold Water (Let it sit for 10 minutes)
– 2 Scoops of Vanilla Protein Powder (I use Arbonne Essentials Protein Shake Mix)
– 1/3 Cup of Quinoa Flakes (I use Miski Organics White Quinoa Flakes)
– 1/3 Cup of Quinoa Flour (I use Miski Organics White Quinoa Flour)
– 1/3 Cup of Unsweetened Almond or Cashew Milk
– 1/4 Cup of Unsweetened Apple Sauce
– 1 Tsp of Baking Powder
– 1/2 Tsp of Baking Soda
– 1/4 Cup of Vegan Chocolate Chips (I use Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips)
– 1/4 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 350ºF
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl (except for the chocolate chips)
3. Add all liquid ingredients one at a time into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix thoroughly
4. Add Vegan Chocolate Chips at the end and mix together until you get a thick and fluffy consistency
5. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and spoon the dough as desired into the muffin pan
6. Bake for 15 minutes. Then remove and let cool before eating.
NOTE: This recipe is 100% Vegan and Gluten Free
NOTE: I use the Arbonne Essentials Protein Shake Mix because it gives it the sweeter taste that I like. You may use other flavoured protein powders, but the results will vary.
NOTE: There is no ADDITIONAL sugar than what is already in some of the ingredients via form of stevia, natural sugar, or evaporated cane juice.
Let’s Connect on Social!
Facebook: M for Mariella: Living Your Best Life
1 thought on “Guilt-Free Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins (Vegan, Gluten Free)”
LikeLiked by 1 person