*Makes 1 personal-sized brownie*
Have you ever felt like needing something sweet but being too lazy to bake something? Me too! Several times in fact.
I have seen multiple videos on Facebook of amazing desserts being made in mugs, so one lazy evening when I really wanted a brownie but didn’t want to go through the hassle of baking a whole tray, I decided to make my own personal brownie in a mug!
Looking through my kitchen cupboards, I grabbed whatever I could find that would help me create a brownie-like treat, and after testing it a couple of times after (and eating it too 😉) is how this recipe came to be.
This no-fuss chocolatey brownie takes no more than 5 minutes to make, and all it uses is a mug and a measuring spoon.
How’s THAT for an easy dessert?
- 4 Tbsp of Quinoa Flour (I use Miski Organics Organic White Quinoa Flour)
- 2 Tbsp of Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Raw Cacao Powder (I use Miski Organics Organic Cacao Powder)
- 2 Tbsp of Vegan Chocolate Chips
- 3 Tbsp of Unsweetened Almond or Cashew Milk
- 1 Tbsp of Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp of Melted Vegan Butter
- ¼ Tsp of Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Icing Sugar for Topping (Optional)
*Fun Fact: Raw cacao is made by cold-pressing un-roasted cacao beans. The process keeps the living enzymes in the cacao and removes the fat (cacao butter). Cocoa looks the same but it’s not. Cocoa powder is raw cacao that’s been roasted at high temperatures.
- In a standard sized mug, place all dry ingredients and mix together
- Add all liquid ingredients one at a time into the mug and mix thoroughly
- Once all ingredients have been mixed, place the mug in the microwave and cook on high for 2.5 minutes
- Remove the mug from the microwave and sprinkle icing sugar on top if desired.
- Let cool before eating
- This recipe is 100% Vegan and Gluten-Free
- There is no exact science for this recipe. Feel free to switch up some of the ingredients and/or modify the quantities if desired.