Gluten Free & Vegan
*Makes One Individual Serving*
For the last two years I have made a delicious chocolate protein smoothie that I LOVE. Since Miski Organics introduced their new Tara Protein Powder however, I wanted to see if I could recreate my favourite go-to smoothie with one that incorporates Tara, and a variety of other superfoods.
Well… I did it! I was able to recreate this delicious, chocolatey, dessert-like smoothie with all the superfoods and zero guilt! This smoothie tastes like melted chocolate ice cream, seriously. It can be as thick or as runny as you’d like, and more or less chocolatey based on your taste buds.
I love making smoothies because they are so simple yet so nutritious and filling. For this recipe I used natural ripe banana powder instead of regular bananas (they always seem to go brown on me), and it also uses sacha inchi powder and sacha inchi butter to give it a nutty flavour, without the nuts!
This smoothie is loaded with plant-based protein, omegas, healthy fats, fibre, antioxidants, iron, and a variety of other vitamins and minerals… when I say “power protein smoothie” I MEAN IT!
Click on each superfood below to learn all about the nutritional value of these incredible products.
– 1 ¼ Cup of Unsweetened Plant-Based Milk (I use almond or cashew)
– 2 Tbs of Tara Protein Powder
– 1 Tbs of Sacha Inchi Powder
– 3 Tbs of Ripe Banana Powder
– ½ Tbs of Raw Cacao Powder
– 1 Tbs of Cacao Nibs
– 1 Tbs of Mesquite Powder
– ½ Tbs of Red Maca Powder
– 1 Tbs of Sacha Inchi Butter or Sacha Inchi Choco-Butter
– 1 Tsp of Yacon Syrup
- Place the plant-based milk in a blender (I like to use a small, personal size blender such as the Magic Bullet).
- Add all remaining ingredients to the blender.
- Add 2-3 ice cubes.
- Blend, Serve and Enjoy!
This recipe focuses on using superfoods to increase the nutritional value of the smoothie. The substitutes below will work just as well, but the nutritional content will change.
- Tara Protein Powder (can use any other protein powder)
- Sacha Inchi Powder (can use powdered or regular nut butter)
- Ripe Banana Powder (can use a regular ripe banana)
- Cacao Nibs (can use chocolate chips)
- Mesquite Powder (can use cinnamon)
- Red Maca Powder (can omit if desired)
- Sacha Inchi Butter (can use sun butter or regular nut butter)
- Yacon Syrup (can use maple or agave syrup)
- Using Sacha Inchi Choco Butter will make it more chocolatey. If you use regular Sacha Inchi Butter you could try adding a bit extra cacao powder to make it more chocolatey.
- You can add water or more milk to make the consistency of the smoothie a bit thinner
- This recipe is 100% Vegan & Gluten Free
- I use the Miski Organics brand because of the quality of the products and flavours I like. You may use other brands and even substitute the superfoods for more commonly found ingredients, but the nutritional content and flavour will vary.